Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just wanted to introduce my kitty "Ringo" (we think anyway). He was "Lucy" for the past month but I've been suspecting "she" was a he. Posted a picture of his bits on here and suspicions were confirmed. So now he's Ringo! (He was names after the beatles song, so I wanted to keep with that theme)

So without furhter ado... My "pretty" little boy :)

The day we got him

Meeting his new brother and sister

He's very relaxed, and he has the softest fur ever, like, I don't know maybe rabbit hair? It's hard to explain!
This is how mellow

He loves my husband a ton!

Randoms
Playing

Yawning!

(There was just water in this glass lol)

(And this was an empty container I had just finished my last pill, I promise my cat isn't a junkie!)

We love our little guy

We've given him the birthday of November 22nd. (Based on an age estimate and when we got him, we've had him a little over a month now!)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh and this is the most recent picture, He thinks he's a dog at this point. :) They were all playing (and he plays just like a dog) And they all stopped and got in their "Stand off" position before resuming play.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The vet thinks he is a ragdoll! But I'll never know for sure :) I should do some google-ing to form my own opinion on the matter!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Yes, you should check out google. Ringo looks like he's at least part Ragdoll, and very soft "rabbit" fur is a classic characteristic. My Muffs is a Ragdoll. Her fur is so soft, she feels like a giant cotton ball. Muffs is what's referred to as a "bi-color", which accounts for the inverted "V" in white on her face. Ringo looks like a colorpoint, with potential lynx markings. Happy googling!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did sone research, he definitely has a ragdoll personality, and my husband and I have already suspected he's going to be a large cat because he's growing so fast! We'll never know for sure, but we'll have a better guess-timate when he's full grown!

·
Registered
469 Posts
If he is a ragdoll you better watch out, I hear they get pretty big lol! Maybe he will get the size of a small dog :p He is a very stunning kitty, and he looks like he loves his brothers very much.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Oh, he is gorgeous! I love all the pics of him, especially with the dogs- one of mine LOVES dogs too! I have two Ragdolls, and Ringo does have similiar markings to my Mitzi- she's a blue mitted tabby Ragdoll (pics a few threads down).

Evie's birthday is 23rd November!! Ahhh :)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
He could get to be a big boy...although Muffs is almost 2 now and she's still only 8.5 lbs. One other thing you should know is that his coloring will darken over time. That's true for all pointed cats with blue eyes (so that will happen even if he's not part Ragdoll).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He's already pulled a gender switch on us, I think we'll be fine with a color switch ;-). We just love him! He has a wonderful personality. He likes to play (what kitten doesn't?) but his favorite activity is cuddling! He doesn't purr much though, and when he does it's very very quiet. He loves to be cuddled under a blankets, just as my dogs do! It's really neat when I walk into a room and they're all cuddled together under a blanket on the couch!

He has fit into our family perfectly and we couldn't imagine a better choice to join it!

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I'd just call him a lynx point(with long fur), but as its been said here by others "lynx points rule" he looks like a very adorable trouble-maker,,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone. We truly love him to pieces! Couldn't ask for a better fit with our family. He gets along so well with he dogs, he has my husband wrapped around his little paw, and he always gives me a good laugh!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts