Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd pop in and introduce myself.
I am a fairly recent cat person, due to the fact that I was never allowed to have them as a child because of a fear my mother had.
We adopted a female about seven months ago, and just this week have adopted two new adults, which means our zoo is closed. I've done research on introducing the new cats into her house.
Our original female is spayed and we were told she is around three years old. She still has her claws, and we're not into declawing, so we're being extra careful.
Our new guys are both male, with the older being two and younger being one. Again, both have been fixed.

That's about all.

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Welcome!

What stage are you at in the introduction? Any pictures of your zoo members? :grin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The intro seems to be going well. We had the new additions isolated in a room upstairs for a while and, as of a few days ago, we've opened the door and let them roam a bit upstairs. They stick to the upstairs for the most part, carefully venturing downstairs now and again. There is still some hissing, but we keep a close eye on them, and the new guys seem to be spending more and more time downstairs.

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Beautiful kitties!

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
So you've got two orangies, one of which is female? Awesome. We have a lot of orange cat fans here on the Forum. They're all beautiful!

I'm the same as you -- my parents wouldn't allow pets when we were kids, so I grew up a little afraid of them. It wasn't until 2005 that I finally bit the bullet and agreed to give it a try, mostly because I knew my husband wanted a cat. I immediately loved them, of course. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts