Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am oceanmist. I have had two cats in my lifetime(you can probably guess that I'm not that old...).

My first cat, Casie, was put down on January 3rd of this year during an exploratory surgery. She had a huge tumor that was inoperable and would have been in pain if we let her live. She was a good cat and a very grumpy one. Her attitude was probably because she either feral or a stray when we found her as a kitten. She was a beautiful tortoiseshell tabby, and a fat one too.

My new cat's name is Cherry, she is a pretty black and white cat. We adopted her on January 17 from a local cat shelter. Originally I was going to choose another cat but he didn't like to be held. I spotted Cherry when I was playing with the cats. She was the one chasing the toy in circles and falling over from dizziness. I held her and she flopped right over and let me pet her belly. She's the total opposite of Casie, which is good because I didn't want a cat that reminded me of Casie.

Anyway I'm a little shy when I first join forums so I may take a while to get comfortable here. :)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi and welcome! I'm sorry to hear about Casie. I hope you're not too shy to post pictures of Casie and Cherry, because we'd love to see them. :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hello oceanmist!

I understand about being shy, I am too so you are in good company :) I have found during my lurking time on here that the people are very friendly and encouraging. I am sorry about the loss of Casie, it is always so hard when they pass on. She was lucky to have a mama that loved and cared for her, and I'm sure she knew that and gave plenty of loves in her own special way in return. I look forward to getting to know you!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I have plenty of pictures of Casie to show and a few of Cherry once I have my laptop back. I'll be sure to post them. ^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts