Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new, just joined today. I was surfing the web checking out the good and the ugly in regards to cat food. I stumbled upon this place and decided to join.

I only have one kitteh right now. He is a buff tabby of 6 months named Purrseidon. I also volunteer at a local cat shelter... that makes me want even more kitties. :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi CatMomma. I love your cat's name! Volunteering at a cat shelter is a very nice thing to do - and it almost guarantees you will acquire more cats, lol.

So what kind of food is your kitty eating? We just switched from Friskies wet and Costco dry to just wet BG (before grain). It is grain free and our cat loves it. She also gets a small boiled chicken snack at night. No more stomach issues. On the Friskies/Costco there was occasional vomiting or diarrhea. Ok, enough diarrhea talk - welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Welcome to the forum, CatMomma! We have quite a few real food experts here on the Forum, so there's always good advice to be found here. I'll be interested to hear how your experience at the shelter is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Chuck72 and October,

I am trying to switch him from Friskies to Chicken Soup for the Pet Lovers Soul. He loves their kibble but he doesn't really care for pates so he is still a work in progress on the wet food. I tried Wellness Core and afew other of the grainless but he won't touch them at all.

I also am awaiting a second kitty of 10 years I adopted her from Pets on Death Row. She is getting transported to me. ^_^

Working at a shelter is harder work then I thought, but I stay after the cleaning is all done to play with all the kitties and give them treats. It's a colony shelter so there are cats everywhere. I swear the first day I wanted to take about 10 home with me. It's also no-kill. I don't think I could work in a kill shelter. I would be smuggling cats home everyday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts