Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi this is my first time posting. I have 2 outdoor cats,one I have had for almost 5 years and the person I got her from had her about 5 years so she is really old,shes calico and hates other cats and people:shock: Then theres Sebastian,he is about 3 years old now,hes a grey tabby.

I will try to post pics of them later . :D

Im not sure where to post this and this is the only place it will let me.

1.I want my cats inside this winter because its getting so cold out,but we have brand new furniture.

2.Is there ANY way to keep them off tables and counters?

3.I have 2 small inside dogs,and the old cat hates dogs.

4.how can I keep the smell down?

Heres Sebastian,he wouldnt stay still!

Jazmine

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome! Those are two very pretty cats! Thank you for thinking of bringing them inside. I agree, it is not good for cats to be outside, especially when it is so cold.

I hope you get some answers to your questions, but I'll try a couple:

1. Get a few different types of cat scratchers and place around the house. Sprinkle with catnip so the cats learn to scratch on them instead of the furniture. You can get the cardboard ones, as well as the sisal rope types. If you're still concerned, a lot of people recommend the sticky tape that you place on furniture or even the caps that you can put over the cats' claws. Fortunately, my cat doesn't scratch on the furniture, so I guess not all cats do this.

2. My cat also doesn't get on tables and counters (I guess I am lucky), but maybe someone else has some tips on this.

3. I have two small dogs too. I have a safe room set up for my cat with a swinging gate with a small cat door. It keeps the dogs out of her food and litter box and she can escape there as needed. When I adopted her, I made sure to do gradual, slow introductions over a number of weeks.

4. To keep the smell down, clean the litter boxes daily. I clean mine out whenever I see she has used it, several times a day. It only takes a minute to do.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts