Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the site so I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Alison, aged 57 from Dundee, Scotland, with one lovely grown-up son who finally moved out just over a year ago! So now it's just me and the 2 furbabies - Billy (a big, black, shiny panther cat) and his sister Annie (a dainty wee stitched-together tortie girl with a half-and-half face!) I've been owned by cats for more years than I care to remember and couldn't imagine not having them around me. Billy and Annie are indoors cats - we live on a busy main road and I wouldn't risk letting them outdoors, but they keep each other company when I'm at work so we're all happy :laugh: They're also raw-fed cats - most of my babies have been over the years and I'd be interested to see if anyone else here feeds raw?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
They both look well! Annie is especially lovely!

I recently transitioned my Norwegian Forest Cat, Abigail onto a fully raw diet.

Do you make it yourself or use a commercial raw? I tried Nature's Menu and Natural Instinct - and Natural Instinct is the one Abby took to. She eats the beef, venison and lamb versions fridge cold, but waits 10-20 minutes for the chicken/turkey to warm up a bit. The red-meat ones smell nice and meaty fresh from the fridge, but the chicken/turkey dont smell of much at all to me - so my theory is it is taking a while for the poultry to smell like food to her =)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts