Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Just wanted to introduce myself and my little'uns, my names Sarah and I'm from the UK. I've always loved cats and had a couple growing up so couldn't wait to get some of my own. I was always very adamant that we were going to rescue, there's so many amazing animals out there that need homes. We have a beautiful snake but while renting couldn't have anything else, we've finally got a house a couple years ago and then a friend of a friend's cat had an unexpected litter that they were going to give up, so we swooped in and got two! 8 weeks old (10 weeks now) but hand-reared and the most affectionate playful pair we could've asked for. Planning on a couple of older cats and ending up with kittens has been a lovely, educating surprise haha.

Meet Odin and Freyja. They're short-haired grey-ish and black tabbies, although in the light they have orange patches. They're brother and sister, and are inseparable, so glad we didn't try to. Odin is not great at being a cat yet haha, he's quite heavy-pawed and clumsy but gives the bestest ever cuddles and is the sweetest thing - Freyja is definitely the hunter of the two, she's a brilliant stalker, endlessly energetic and playful but also is a huge fan of hugs when sleepy. They're incredibly loving but will lick you to death. Obviously will be spayed and neutered asap, and as much as I would love them to be outdoor cats, I try to have a very wildlife-friendly garden so no go - Harnesses are going to be attempted. We are so in love with these guys! :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,628 Posts
Welcome!

Those are two of the most gorgeous cats ever! I adopted my sister cats as kittens and 10 years later, they're still inseparable. You made a great choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much guys! People were a bit concerned when I said we were getting a brother and sister, although mostly for the problem that will be solved with the neutering and spaying hah, but I think they'll be 'kay :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts