Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I just found this site through my friends at Greytalk, a Greyhound forum. My two kitties want to say hi too!

Claudia is 6. She is a black and white "tuxedo" kitty with medium long hair. I think she has a bit of persian in her. She has those short little front legs and long hair. She was a shelter cat who was OVERDUE to be PTS the day I found her and took her home. She was just under 2 then. She had been wandering around an apartment complex. Her owner wouldn't let her in, just left food outside the door for her. A kindly neighbor had her spayed and got her shots, but couldn't keep her. Finally when someone in the complex began to poison the cats there, the same neighbor brought her to the shelter, thinking she would have better luck there than at the complex. Well almost NOT! But I found her and sprang her and here we are today.

Scheherazade came to me through my vet. She is a gray/tortie full persian. I had one of my other pets at the vet (whom I had gone to for 10 years and they knew just exactly how much of a sucker I am.....) when the vet's wife told me the story of how this little 8 wk old persian kitten had been rescued from a horrible breeder whose cats were sick and dead. The woman who saved her didn't want to keep her, but offered to pay for all of her medical expenses if my vet would just find a good home for her. (Truly an Angel - She paid the purchase price and vet bills for this poor little thing!)

I said: "I'll just look at her". :? Famous last words.... They brought her out cupped in the palm of the vet tech's hand. She was sooo sick. And so teeney. She had respretory problems and infections and staff infections and was covered head to toe in ringworm. They couldn't touch her without rubber gloves. She just looked at me and gave me this sad little meow. To which I replied: "I'LL TAKE HER!" She had to be in the hospital for a month and then quaranteened in my house away from my other cat for another month. That was four years ago. She is the BEST cat! What a little toughie. She'll never get her full coat in (she lost the whole thing several times over staff and skin infections) and she will always be a teeny little thing. She has the best attitude and the sweetest personality.

We also have three dogs. Sorry for the long intro. I just love talking about my kitties! :D

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

And we love hearing your kitty stories! That is one tough little kitty, and you are great to take her in. Looking forward to seeing pics of the brood, including your dogs. :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the Cat Forum! Give Scheherazade a hug for me, I like Persians lots. Course that means that you'll have to hug Claudia too, so she won't feel left out. :wink:

Blessings upon you for taking your furkids in the way you have. I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do.

Peace,
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts