Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
new forum member and also new cat owner here from the UK!Im a 41 year old man who currently lives alone and thought a feline buddy would be the perfect little companion for me in the evenings when Im home from work.
Im going to be needing a little help with my kitty as i am a first time owner-even though Mum & Dad always had cats when i was little.
This seemed like the perfect forum for me :)
My new cat is called Suzi-she's a beautiful fluffy 18 month old thing-Iv had her for about 24 hours and Ill try to post some pictures when she eventually comes out of hiding!.Ill probably post more on this in the 'behaviour' section if she doesnt settle in.She's very shy at the moment so Im just letting her be-no eye contact etc and just letting her hear my voice from time to time with a little stroke behind the ears every now and then.She'd had it pretty tough,having been abandoned with a litter of kittens,until i picked her up from the rescue centre-so Im guessing its going to take a little time for her to trust me.
I cant wait for when she's ready for some interaction :)

· Registered
278 Posts
Hi Duane and welcome! Good for you for adopting a needy kitty. Our first kitty was very shy and reclusive when we got her so I started sitting on the floor with a pillow in my lap and proceeded to read her computer programming books. I read to her probably 2 hours a night and before long she came out and started marking (rubbing against stuff) everything around me. I ignored her as best I could until she climbed in my lap and purred away.

I am sure you will find a way to get her out and about. The funny thing with most cats is that everything needs to be their idea. And even funnier is how they will come to you if you ignore them. At least that has been my experience. I've also found that goodies (cat snacks like whiska lickins etc...) can boost your appeal drastically, also. I look forward to hearing more from you and your progress with your new friend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.