Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,its been ages since I posted on here but I hope that doesnt stop anyone helping me because the advice last time really helped me
.My cat tinky had 2 kittens last august andeverything was fine.she had a good labour and i was told I was lucky because she gave birth right next too me in bed,which I was led to believe means she totally trusts me etc.The 2 kittens are fine and loving being with their mom etc so in that sense we're all one big happy family!!
The only problem is,is that since she had the kittens she's totally withdrawn from me.I love each cat the same but she's still my number 1 if that makes sense but she wont come by me.I made sure I favoured no-one and make fuss of them all but she wont even let me stroke her!I havent fussed over the kittens more than her or anything like that.The worst thing is,is that shes all over other people!Like when our neighbour comes round who doesnt even like cats!
so any advice at all that can help would be appreciated cos I do miss my cats love so much!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm really not sure how to address an issue like this. My cats have never had kittens, so I really can't comment from that aspect. I do know that one of the last cats that I adopted, Sassy Sasparilla and my senior cat, Turvy, had some issues of clashing personalities. For the longest time, Turvy was withdrawn and had made the sunroom "her" room. It was several months before she finally started sleeping on my pillow again.

It could be a materal instinct, to stay clear of distractions and keep an eye out for dangers to the kittens......or maybe she's feeling out if the kittens are going to try to take over her turf when they're big enough 8O

I'm not being much help...maybe some of the other members have run across situations like this and can offer some advice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for taking the time to reply,it just helps to know someone out theres listening who understands!

kindest regards

Tina,Tinky,sneaker and scar.

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Tina...I've edited your description to add more information so it can draw attention from knowledgeable members and I'll move it to Behavior (again, so the right people see it).

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
The only only time i ever had a cat ignore me and still be affectionate to his other friends was one time i unknowingly insulted my Sam by calling him a bird. We were playing at the time, and he stopped, glared at me, and stomped off. He didn't want anything to do with me till i told him i was sorry.
It took me a while to realize what i'd done. Must be a bad insult for a kitty to called one of their prey items.

Maybe you insulted Tinky without knowing.
:catrun

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sometimes it doesn't take much to put a cat off us and many times we're clueless as to what happened. I guess if it were me, I wouldn't fuss over her too much and give her time and space and see if she'll come to you. That's what I do whenever my cats are mad at me (usually after nail clipping time) and they generally come around given space and time (and food, that generally greases the wheels pretty effectively too).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts