Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my cat is about 6 months old i am soon to get him desexed but
he is primarly an indoor cat although we let him outdoors every now and then. but every now and then he has wild springs and it happens a bit he chases our legs and bites us and we have to say no and spray him for him to stop but he'll do it next time
and then he runs like **** and climbs anything he can and dashes everywhere making a nuesence...

generally though he's a great cat he'll be fine

apart from in those moods
but its getting to everyone in my family! what do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hum....sounds like normal kitty behavior to me. Cats do get the 'rips' occasionally and go racing around the house like their tail is one fire. Mine do it every morning.

However, I can understand that being attacked is unpleasant and needless to say, painful. When he starts doing that, you could try distracting him with one of his favorite toys. Roll it past him or gently throw it over him to get his attention. Or if you have a fishing pole type toy, you could have an interactive play session with him.

Or...get him a another cat to play with. That always works too :wink: At his age he would accept another kitten quickly.

Definitely get him fixed soon too. Before all those hormones start raging. 8O :twisted:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Getting him neutered will tone down the aggressive behavior.

And please, DO NOT under any circumstances let him outside before he's neutered. That is highly irresponsible for many reasons, but mostly because an unneutered cat is more likely to spray urine all over your house, wander off, get in fights, catch disease, and other unpleasantness.

Make that neuter appointment right away!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got him neutered about a week ago but he's still aggressive at times and biting and attacking as we walk by when he is on his wild mood

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another problem i encounted today was he attacked a cockroach and when he has the cockroach in his mouth he growls if we are near him and if we go anywhere near im sure he will scratch me no matter what nothing can stop him when he has his pray in his mouth

then he eats it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ahhh....cats will be cats. :D My kitties do that whenever they have "prey" in their mouths. It could be an insect (blach!), a toy mouse, toy bird or whatever. The growling is natural - they're trying to lay claim to their territory. They'll growl at me or the other kitty if we come near, so it's best to leave him alone. I wouldn't worry - on the bright side kitty's getting extra protein! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts