Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'd like to get a cat that is characterized by calmer behavior and low-shedding. I have found that most low-shedding are very active as an example Sphynx, Devon Rex, Cornish Rex...

Of course, I know that all cats shed and in a way are active. I'm looking for a compromise low-shedding / low activity.

Can you advise any tips?

Thank you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
All cats are going to be active for their first couple of years. Longhair breeds tend to be more chill and you can get them groomed into a lion cut for easy grooming.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sorry, I have no advice for you. I just wanted to know how did you post a question?
I am in great need but cannot figure out how to post a question.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ragdolls and Persians are low activity when adults but shed like crazy. That is one of the major drawbacks from owning a cat.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Yes, Persians are lower in activity but entail daily grooming. The shorthaired version of a Persian, called an Exotic or a breed called the British Shorthair are good possibilities. A cat that is non-shedding is a hairless Sphynx, but they can leave stains because of oil in their skin, and they are high energy. You can get rid of a lot of loose hairs by just running a grooming comb through the cat's coat every day. Some cats have a loose coat that seems to drop hair all the time, but a lot of others the coat drop season is in the spring and fall.
Here's a couple of links on the Exotic and British Shorthair.
Exotic: Exotic – The Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc
British Shorthair: British Shorthair – The Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc

All the best!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Russian blues are considered hypoallergenic and are pretty calm. I don't know if you; @mkuma saw my comment about Russian blues. I think they would be a perfect fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, thank you, I admit that I thought about the Russian blue and also the Korat. I'll think about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts