Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have adopted an orphaned kitten that was abandoned in a fire but am having problems determing her age. Online sources seem to contradict each other or she contrdicts them! These are some characteristics that might help: She has one eye open, her ears are erect, she half-crawls/walksin a wobble. She is still content to just eat and sleep. She purrs when i feed her. She's startn to outgrow the palm of my hand (then again i do have small hands!). I need to stimulate her to vacuate her system, but i think she is starting to do this herself. I hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Three weeks is my guess, but I don't know much about kittens. But that sounds like what my cat looked like at three weeks.
Welcome the Forum, by the way!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, sounds like around 3weeks to me too. Do you have a picture? I would love to see what the little darling looks like. Might help with the age guess aswell

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I think the confusion is being caused by one eye not being opened. My kittens eyes were open by 10 days, but can take as long as two weeks. You're right on target with the ears though. If she can walk on all four legs fairly well by next week, I'd check with the vet to see why her eye isn't open, because that would indicate she would then be about 4 weeks. Let us know, please?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts