Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks , I am new here . Can anyone help me ? My beautiful ten year old cat Trixie had a fibrosarcoma tumor removed from her neck on Thursday . The vet said because of where the wound is we cannot use a collar . She was very unwell yesterday , I thought I would lose her . She is much improved today . The wound is huge and now that she has perked up a bit she is scratching it and it is bleeding . How do I bandage her neck ???

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would really suggest taking her into the Vet. As far as medical issues are concerned, most of us here would opt in a situation like that for you to take her to a vet; unless of course you're a medical professional. The wounds could get infected, so i really would just suggest taking her back to the vet. I'm really sorry about the sarcoma :( I don't want to give you bad news, but normally with situations like fibrosarcoma's, they are from injections and they continue to form all over the body :( I'm really sorry for your situation

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I contacted the vet and they told me it was normal and just to cover it with a sock ????? She is on pain medication and antibiotics and I have cleaned around the area with saline solution

1 - 3 of 3 Posts