Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snowball lost her one time owner last week after 15 years of love. She now just paces the floor crying off and on. Advice would be appreciated to help Snowball enjoy the rest of her life.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
When my mom passed a 4 months back, Abby her cat would call and call all night walking from room to room looking for my mom. We had to pack and move my mom's things pretty fast as her landlord wanted the space (the day after her death in matter of fact) so she didn't even have the comfort of a familiar home. She went to live with my sister and they kept finding Abby asleep in the bathroom on the mat. It was the only thing not packed and out that was washed in the same soap my mom used.

Try giving her something with a familiar comforting scent, cats are highly scent related animals. It may help bring comfort as she adjusts.

You may also want to try Feliway, it may help calm her.

Other people may have other ideas.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I am very sorry...I don't have any great ideas besides what Botany said, just check if she's eating and drinking...when my cat was mourning he refused to eat or drink for 2-3 days. He had to be taken to the ER.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
I agree with Botany. I would see if you can get a blanket or pajamas...maybe a dressing gown of the previous owners.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
That so sad, some people say animals don't mourn but that not true.
I agree give her some things with her previous scent and as much attention as she needs to come to terms with her owners passing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That so sad, some people say animals don't mourn but that not true.
I agree give her some things with her previous scent and as much attention as she needs to come to terms with her owners passing.
Snowball and I thank you for your loving suggestions!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am very sorry...I don't have any great ideas besides what Botany said, just check if she's eating and drinking...when my cat was mourning he refused to eat or drink for 2-3 days. He had to be taken to the ER.
Thank you for your thoughts about Snowball. he is eating and drinking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Snowball is still lookin for his daddy, while pacing. One blessing is that he is eating and drinking. Thank U for your I concern!11

1 - 9 of 9 Posts