Cat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help! Heard meowing under porch during snowstorm

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  catsinthegarden 
#1 ·
Hello! This morning I heard meowing under our front porch. Its -20 celcius and snowing lots today. I am not sure what to do. I took a look around the porch and can only see a small hole that something dug its way in. Couldn't look long as I have a baby at home and husband is at work

I havent heard the meowing for a couple.hours. baby is napping and I'm currently sitting by the door in case I hear it.

Should I just leave it? Should I try to see underneath better when my husband comes home? Not sure we will be able to. Lure it out with food?

I feel bad for the poor thing.

#2 ·
Food might work, depending on how hungry it is . . . and how scared of people. Maybe just put a dish of food under the porch, so it can get to it. Water, too, though it will need to be replaced after it freezes. You can check the food once in a while and see if it's being eaten. Do you have a cardboard box that you can put under the porch with a blanket or towels in it?

#3 ·
The problem is we cant easily get under there. The wooden slats go right to the ground, vertically. There is a small hole where something dug to get under but not big enough for us to even look with a flashlight.

I havent heard it again since this morning. My husband thinks maybe it was a neighborhood cat I heard that is gone now.

Not sure if I should still leave some food out or wait and see if I hear it again first.

I'm not too worried about water since there is tons of snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.