Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....By a pair of big blue-green eyes. I went to Animal Control today and they had a new arrival since the last time. One look and I was in love, head over heels totally gone never to return. He wasn't what i'd had in mind, he was much younger than i'd planned on, his fur is a little longer than I wanted, but I was helpless against the power of his eyes and his purr that sounded like a motor running.

He is yet unnamed, but here he is (pardon the blurry pics he was moving around a ton!)

And last but not least, my favorite part of him, his toes!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Monday evening, i'm soooo impatient I want him home now!! My fiance and I are having naming issues, he thinks it would be 'cute' to name the cat "Dog". Though I laughed til tears came out, I don't think he fits the name :lol: The coolest part of his front paws is on the underneath they are marked as well and make it look like he's wearing fingerless gloves.

Update: We have narrowed the names down to Hero(my favorite) Gabriel, Vaughn, Legend, and Zion.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh he is SO cute! When the pictures loaded up my cat Magic was sitting right in front of the monitor and he tapped the picture of your kitten twice gently with his paw! So cute!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I think you should go for a theme and name him after another deadly sin. I guess Sloth would be too cruel... :wink: Maybe Pride...

Otherwise, I really like Gabriel. Zion's cool too. But then you have to get another one and name him Canaan. LOL

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
He is so sweet - I have just browsed through the Duchess thread and I find that your lovely baby looks a lot like her, don't you think?
How old is he? The last kitty I have adopted - Cheerio- was 15 weeks old approx when we captured her and came straight from the wild - she is still a little squittish but is getting better all the time. All you need is to socialize them constantly. Can't wait to hear what kind of name you will choose for him finally and for pictures at home :D

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I want him! :D You're lucky someone didn't see him before you. I don't think anyone could have resisted that sweet kitty! He seems to have some oriental ancestry.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Payge said:
My fiance and I are having naming issues, he thinks it would be 'cute' to name the cat "Dog". Though I laughed til tears came out, I don't think he fits the name :lol:
my ex had a cat named dog. and one named mouse. dog was a cool cat though.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I was thinking of naming him Vanity to go with the whole 7 deadly sins thing, but then i'd have to get 5 more cats to complete it :lol:

Jeanie when I adopted him it was a story into itself lol. I got there before they opened, not knowing they opened at 11 I got there at 10:30. At 10:55 there was a huge line outside, I was impressed, a ton of people there looking to adopt yay! I went in and looked at the kitties in the hold ward, some of which had been moved to there from the regular ward cause their cages were being cleaned. There was a kitten there that looked a lot like my baby but she was extremely shy and I knew it wouldn't work out. Then I went over to the normal cat ward that they were cleaning but they said it was ok for me to look, I turned the corner and the very first cage I saw was him and I didn't look any further. I immediatly asked about him and was told he was 6-8 weeks old,weighed 2lbs and was owner surrendered because his cat had "Too many kittens" apparently he wanted two more cats and decided breeding his siamese with a stray was a good idea 8O . Well she had 3 kittens, so he took one to the animal shelter.

I was also told a man wanted to adopt him if he didn't get adopted by the time he got off of work. They let me play with him in one of their special "bonding" rooms and I was hooked, he climbed right into my lap and started purring. I raced home (I had left my purse at home so I wouldn't impulse adopt and this way I had time to think about it on my way home) and went straight back, right after I adopted him I stayed and waited to be able to play with him some more since both bonding rooms were occupied at that time. Every single person/couple who went into the cat room immediatly said "I want HIM" and pointed at my baby. Proably ten people in the hour I was there. I got SOOOO lucky!

Just realised I am gonna have to change my sig now...once he is named.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOu are so lucky. That's how I felt when I adopted Jack and Mia -- I saw them on a Saturday *just* before they closed, so I wasn't able to visit with them. On Sunday I was first in line, and I went straight to the desk with their numbers and saw them. It was love. And then after me people kept asking about them, until the volunteer put a big old "Going home Tuesday" sign on them. :D MINE!!

Gosh you are so lucky -- what a beautiful little kitten. I love it dearly -- it looks just like a lynx point mitted ragdoll, doesn't it?? Congrats dear, I bet Envy will love her new little friend!

PS -- I would have snatched up the name Gabriel in a heartbeat if I would have thought of it. Hero is a pretty good one too. And he could call you hero in turn for rescuing him. :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went back today to visit him some more. there were two female volunteers there, and one exclamed when I said which cat I had adopted "Oh the other girl will be so dissapointed! He doesn't have an "Im Adopted" sign and she was going to adopt him" Now before when people wanted him I felt a bit guilty and sorry for them, but now im like "Muahahaha hes MINE!" I made them put an adopted sign on his cage while I was there hehe.

He's gonna be a toy stasher, he would pounce on the toys then pull them into the corner hehehe. The bonding room they have has glass all around, and its open up top, everyone who came into the Animal Control center would point at him and say "Ooh he's so pretty!" Or, "Look at how cute he is!"

He does startle at loud noises, but my place is quiet so im not really concerned, least it means he's not deaf!

·
Registered
137 Posts
What an adorable little kitten!!!! He will become a GORGEOUS adult male...you can really tell.

You're so lucky...congrats! Hope he and Envy hit it off after a while!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He is a great match for Envy, he's just as pretty as she is, which "The Princess" as I call her may not like LOL. She is sooo spoiled from all the attention she gets whenever people come over, she's gonna have to learn she has competition now hehe.

Sigh, is it monday yet? No?

How about now?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts