Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a male kitty, he's a little over a year old. He's declawed. The other day I walked in the living room and there are probably a hundred pushpin sized holes where the back of my slipcovered sofa meets the top of the sofa. Since he has no front claws, I couldn't figure out how he could be doing this unless he was hanging by his back claws from the top of the sofa (it sits in the middle of the room), which didn't seem very likely. So last night, he's lying on the couch with me (very, very spoiled kitty) and I hear this noise...he's BITING holes in the edge of the cushion! I have no idea when he bit all these holes in the back, whether we were sleeping or out.

I made these custom-fitted slipcovers and am NOT a happy camper. He's never done this before. He never bites and is one of those kitty's that just melts in your arms when you pick him up, not aggressive at all. We've had him since he was weeks old. We've been tossing around getting new furniture and I can't have the little stinker biting holes in it!

THank God, I didn't buy the leather couch I looked at! I can't be watching him 24/7. I know there are sprays you can spray on your furniture, but I'm seriously considering leather and I really don't have a problem with him being ON the furniture as long as he's not biting holes in it! We like to cuddle with him there....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maybe try putting something like tinfoil where he likes to chew...tape it on there, it usually works as a deterrent.... would be worth a try, but I wouldn't just do it and leave him alone with it, I'd do it and wait and see if it has the effect you want to see and go from there....anyway...my 2 cents...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts