Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a cat called Alfie and he is 10 months old. I would love him to have a friend but my b/f is against the idea. He loves Alfie to bits but thinks our flat is too small for another cat. I really don't think that it is and would think it would give Alfie company. I would love a pure white kitty as I love white tigers and its the closest thing to owning one lol

I've been begging him for a while now......any ideas on how to convince him?

:wink: :?:

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Can you think of any annoying behaviour that your cat has? If so, it may be cleared up by getting him a play mate :wink: .
In my opinion, 2 cats really don't take any more room up than one. All you need is room for one more litter box and that's it. Also, you could try convincing him that having a pal would be better for your cat's emotional well-being. Worth a try anyway...
Or, maybe you could talk to him about all the cats in humane shelters that don't have homes :cry: .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
queen of the nile said:
Can you think of any annoying behaviour that your cat has? If so, it may be cleared up by getting him a play mate :wink: .
In my opinion, 2 cats really don't take any more room up than one. All you need is room for one more litter box and that's it. Also, you could try convincing him that having a pal would be better for your cat's emotional well-being. Worth a try anyway...
Or, maybe you could talk to him about all the cats in humane shelters that don't have homes :cry: .
Lol, great idea! I gonna have to try that last one. 8) Thanks :D

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
For the record, I would like to say that holding back intimate relations just to get what you want is unhealthy for a relationship :roll: . It just bothers me that sometimes people see that as a "power" that women have...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
queen of the nile said:
For the record, I would like to say that holding back intimate relations just to get what you want is unhealthy for a relationship :roll: . It just bothers me that sometimes people see that as a "power" that women have...
I don't think it would work on him neway. It's more a thing of if I take his chocolate away.... :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
The same story, I wanted a kitten, my husband was against the whole idea of having cats.

Since I adore persians I told him about www.persiancats.org (Persian Cat Rescue, located nearby). I started from the sweet character of persians and how much all cats need some human care etc.

2 months of continuous talk on this subject and I won!! We adopted Leo from that rescue. Now our silly boy sometimes sleeps on my husband's side of the bed and sometimes on my pillow. Guys, you should see how happy my husband is when Leo sleeps nearby :!: :!:

That is how it all started. We already have almost three cats (the third one is coming to live with us in February). We are the happiest family in the world :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Ask him to "just come and LOOK at the shelter/rescue" with you. I bet he won't be able to resist. :) Tell him all the things you know about what is good about having two cats. And if your flat is big enough for one cat, its probably big enough for too. They don't need an apartment all to themselves -- cats share space very often because they play together and often sleep together. And it's better to get another cat sooner than later because while he's young is the perfect time to bring another in. The longer he has the place to himself the less happy he'll be about a friend coming in.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Just take him to the Humane Society, that is how I convinced my boyfriend to get another kitten!!!! Then just don't stop talking about it....find a kitty you like at the humane society and just talk and talk about it....he'll get sick of hearing about it sooner or later!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OMG! I think he's gonna say yes. We are coming to the agreement that if i buy him a car ($1000 - £1500) then he will buy me a white kitty. WE both really need a car because we live so far from our parents and my b/f passed his test a while ago now. I will buy the car because I have the money locked up, but he will pay me back half in small payments. Any amount of money is worth another kitty! lol Wish me luck! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts