Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello so I have been scouring the web looking for what coat color / pattern my Boy is since I've kind of reached a dead end. My kitty is definitly a domestic short hair and is a tabby (that is also highly ticked) . But the coloring is pretty darn confusing if I can say.

I've attached some pictures below and as you can see he has some brown facial markings in addition to black leg/tail markings. Usually most cats I have seen have only 1 color of stripe. Help me out, please and thank you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Hi naquack,

Oh he's so cute! He looks quite young still?

I don't know what to tell you about his coat color. It does seem in between red and brown - maybe it will darken over time? Hopefully catloverami, who knows a lot about breeds, coats, and patterns, will be by with some more info for you!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Hmm? Really strange, as the lighting makes this cat look like two different cats /colors. The ones of him outside lying on ground, he looks like a blue tabby with a "broken" mackeral tabby pattern. Then the other photos has the brown nose of a brown tabby, so my guess is that he's a mix of both colors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha the actual difference isnt the lighting, it's more so when he lays on his side the patterning just looks more grey/silver even though close up it is brown/red. His belly is super light and shows up more when he lays down. He's pretty ticked so that might be why it looks different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.