Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat is acting very werid. She has never done these things before. She has been pregnant once about a year ago and is fixed. I dont know what is wrong.
Im going to try to take her to the vet this weekend.

1. When i try to pick her up she wails.
2. when i pet her she wails
3. she wont eat her dry food and will only eat wet food
4. She throws up alot.
5. when you touch her stomach she bites you
6. and crys when i walk by her
7. she feels kinda warm
Does anyone know what these symptoms are too??? I dont know whats wrong! Please help me!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sounds like something definately is wrong.
Everyting you list sounds off alarm bells with me.
I'd get her to the vet ASAP. If you can't get an appointment with your vet, is there an emergency vet in your area?

Keep us posted

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yes, that sounds like something really bad. Some sort of blockage or poisoning or something. I'd get her to a vet as soon as you can and in the meantime keep an eye on her round the clock.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Please take her to the vet.. Dont do what i did. I waited. My angel died 2 days ago.. Same symptoms..

Go before it is too late. I thought angel was getting better. She died within 2 hours of thinking she was better.

Is she drinking any water? Is she eating her wet food?

When she throws up, is it food or liquid? and if liquid what color?

Something obviously hurts her, and wants to let you know by crying :(

I would take both cats.. Just in case..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She seems like shes getting better by the second... so if she gets worse tommorrow im taking her to the vet if she better im just going to let her get better herself. Maybe it was her dry food.... because since i have been giving her the wet food she has seemed alot better. She hasnt thrown up since yesterday and thats when i gave her the wet food.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she throws up her dry food. It isnt liquid. She has only thrown up twice this week so shes not too sick. She is eating her wet food and drinking her water. She wont eat the dry food. There must have just been something in the dry food.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Does her stomach still hurt her? Is she still warm? I would take her to the vet, but if she seems stable, you might be able to wait for regular hours instead of an emergency visit, which is so expensive...but when it's your cat's life at risk.

Thomas once swallowed a needle at 3 in the morning on a weekend. I drove him 45 miles to the nearest emergency clinic, paid $200 to have him exrayed only to find out he hadn't swallowed it. I only thought he did. 8O He must have chewed on it then spit it out. But I'm still glad I took him. I would have been worried for days otherwise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
she is very fine now. shes not warm and is sleeping. shes eating now and lets me pet her. SO i think im just going to see how she is in the morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts