Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat Jet has an obsession with anything he can investigate or squeeze through like an open door, a hole in a fence etc.
When he was a little kitten he ran into the cellar. That was bad enough as a cellar isn't the safest place for a kitten, but he managed to squeeze through a small hole in the wall which leads to my house's foundations. All I could hear was the bell on his collar tinkling as he explored under the floorboards. Luckily he found his way out, or he could have been stuck down there forever :cry:
I've lost count of the number of times he's disappeared up the chimney. We thought a fireguard would be the answer. It was... until he worked out how to open it! :lol:
Once he didn't return home before I locked the catflap at night, so I left it open, but he hadn't returned by morning. It wasn't until that afternoon I realised he had been locken in the neighbour's shed - that open door was just too interesting to pass by! :lol:
Has anyone else got a 'Houdini cat'?

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I'm sure if Sugar had more places to explore, she would be the next Houdini. Twinkie is just too chicken to do anything. I probably wouldnt let the cats out if I had any type of hole in the backyard so I dont know about them escaping unless they ran past me! :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Cats are patient, determined, agile, and flexible enough, it seems, to go almost anywhere they want to. I know this must worry you, Majicou. I wish you luck with keeping her inside and safe. In a way it's amusing, but I know you worry about her getting stuck somewhere!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Jeanie! All of that happened a while ago, so hopefully since he's got older, he's become wiser! Of course, you can never tell with cats. :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts