Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have no time now to fully explain but I need to wash off a spot on treatment ASAP. Does anyone which soap will work best? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Karen

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
If it's an emergency just use lots of warm water. Test the water on your wrist, if it's too hot or too cold adjust it until it feels comfortable. That way you know it'll be safe for kitty. If you have some dish soap a little of that wouldn't hurt either, just make sure your rinse it out thoroughly.

Why do you need to rinse it out? is it causing an irritation to your kitty? If it is I would also schedule a vet appointment, just to make sure it doesn't get worse/become infected.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Dawn dish-soap is what rescuers use to clean ocean birds who have been coated in oil sludge from tanker spills. This will only remove product from the fur and external area of the skin. It will do nothing to reverse the effects of the product that has already been absorbed.
If your kitty is having a reaction to the product, a quick wash with Dawn and schedule a vet visit immediately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts