Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my cat box in our 4' x 4' mud room that has a cat door.

I can clean it out, my cat can go once and it will stink up the whole house. Forget about going through the mud room to the garage. You better hold you breath.

I clean it out everyday but again as soon as he goes watch out. And I checked, he is very good about burying it.

I'm using 'World's best' cat letter and he has been eating Exclusive cat food for some time now. The first ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Meal and Oatmeal.

Not sure what it could be. I would think you would start with what's going in the cat first.

What cat food out there would help with this stinky problem?

Thanks,
Debbie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Baking soda (and litter deoderizers) work IF you can get the bombs coated. Between cat and sand there is still going to be some stink getting out.

Works great along the bottom of the litter box though, it keeps the nasty amonia smell of cat urine at bay. Probably not a good idea though beacuse the worse it smells the more often you'll want to do a complete change :)

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Maleke said:
My one kitten stinks, and my other one doesn't. They eat the exact same food. Bizarre.
Same here! I'm thinking some cats just have a stinkier poop cycle or something.... :roll:

·
Registered
209 Posts
sometimes my cats just drop extra nasty bombs, not sure the cause of it!

i had a friend visiting a while back who brought one of his cats with him. she dropped the nastiest bombs i've ever smelled, continuously. my cats would go sniff the litter in awe after she used the box :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts