Cat Forum banner

Which name is best??

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have not been on in a LONG time, probably a year. I said I was done getting cats but for whatever reason I felt I needed another male in the house :)

This week or next, I will be picking up this little guy. His name is currently Gordon but I don't plan to keep it. He is only 8 weeks old I believe. I am waiting for him to be neutered before I can get him.

Anyways a few names I like are Mr. Buttons, Bert and Marty (McFly) :) I will consider any names but I kind of want a silly name for this one. I love "Mr." names.. I think they are too funny.

Choose the ones you like best of mine but also feel free to make suggestions...!!

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I liked the name Mr. Buttons even before seeing the pictures. After seeing the pictures I think that you need to send him to me to be named. I just can't do it without holding him :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
What a sweetheart!

I chose Bert, simply because I like people names for pets and I don't think I've ever met a feline or canine Bert.

He looks like a McLovin to me though. :) :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I love Mr names, too (or titles, in general). I have a Mr Chip Chipman here, and I'm fostering a Ms Buttons!

I have not a clue why, but the name that hit me when I looked at his spicy face was "Sargeant Pepper". :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like Mr. Buttons, because this kitty really knows how to push mine! He's cute as a button! Okay, I'll stop with the funnies.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's so hard to choose. When I finally get him I will post a final list... I asked a couple on here and a couple elsewhere so those winners will go into one final poll :)

Plus I still don't have him yet I could see his face and think of something totally new! I really do want a Mr. name though.

Thanks for all the votes! I can't wait to get him.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I'll tell you the name I thought of in the last couple days for a boy kitty -- Crosby. That name just makes me smile. I'll never be able to use it because Murphy has to be an only cat.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aw, yes I actually remember you and Murphy. I used to live on this forum but haven't been on in about a year. I still want a MR name tho.... can't wait to actually get him. Will be so much easier to decide.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Are you single? You could name him Mr. Right. All sorts of fun with that name! You can tell all your friends you've found "Mr. Right" that you "met him online (or wherever you met)" That Mr. Right is moving in with you. The possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hahaha I like that..! And I did find him online. However I already live with my boyfriend. People would be like... umm is this new news? Lol

Marty mcfly takes the lead today...! I am surprised!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
CuteNCraze86 said:
Hahaha I like that..! And I did find him online. However I already live with my boyfriend. People would be like... umm is this new news?
This is how I picture the conversation going:

You: I finally found Mr. Right!
Generic other person (GOP): But I thought you had a boyfriend?!
You: Oh, yeah. I do. But this new guy has all the qualities that my BF doesn't have.
GOP: Wow...
You: Yeah, Mr. right is great! He's very fastidious about his toileting habits. I don't have to worry about the seat being left up. He's very hygienic...always cleaning up after himself. No dirty laundry on the floor...no dirty dishes left in the sink... I tell you, he's awesome.
GOP: So how did you meet him?
You: Online.
GOP: Online? Was it eHarmony or Match.com?
You: Neither. In fact, I don't think you've heard/know of where I met him.
GOP: Really?
You: Yeah. The place I met him said on their website that he needed a good home.
GOP: WHAT?!
You: Yeah, I'm a sucker for those hard luck cases.
GOP: Um...okay... So, what does he look like?
You: Oh, he's gorgeous! He has the most gorgeous blue eyes I've ever seen. I can stare into them forever! He's got these great whiskers and the cutest little ears. And oh! he has the softest fur...
GOP: Wait...whiskers...?
You: Yes, whiskers.
GOP: :?:
You: What did you think I was talking about? Another man?? No, silly. It's cat...well, a kitten to be more specific.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts