Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visited him again today and he still isn't ready to go! I am anxiously awaiting taking him home with me. He is a sweet, playful kitty who will fit in PERFECTLY with my current cat, Ozark (named after the lake where we found him). My new kitty came from an animal shelter. I probably won't name him until after I've had him for a week but I am at a loss for ideas. So far I was thinking Indy or Turbo. I would have named him Enzo but my family already did that one!

My new kitty is a brown classic tabby with white (only paws and some of his face).

Ideas? :D

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Well you named Ozark for the area where found him. What is the name of the shelter? Can you come up with a cool name from that? Or how about the street name?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Oklahoma city Animal Shelter is where I picked him up. Oklahoma would be too long and I do not like the sound of Okie. Their address is 2811 SE 29th Street which doesn't work either. Closest street to it is Bryant which has been a tempting option.

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
Homie! :grin:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Seriously, honor Oklahoma's native American population. There are plenty of unique tribe names to choose from! (I have a cat named Mohave!)

Edit: Twister is cool. Cyclone?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Visited him again today and he still isn't ready to go! I am anxiously awaiting taking him home with me. He is a sweet, playful kitty who will fit in PERFECTLY with my current cat, Ozark (named after the lake where we found him). My new kitty came from an animal shelter. I probably won't name him until after I've had him for a week but I am at a loss for ideas. So far I was thinking Indy or Turbo. I would have named him Enzo but my family already did that one!

My new kitty is a brown classic tabby with white (only paws and some of his face).

Ideas? :D
Having mentioned Enzo and Turbo and Indy... I'm thinking that you're into cars (correct me if I'm wrong!)?

My man and I both love cars, which is why we named our MC boy Enzo (because it is a Ferrari, but also because the meaning of the name Enzo means 'Home Ruler' and I liked that).

I like Turbo, I like Diesel too.

Some more cool ones that I like...

Hemi............. (Hemi engines)
Zonda............. (Pagani Zonda)
Aston............. (Aston Martin)
Bentley............. (Obviously Bentley :crazy)
Jenson............. (Jenson Button, Formula 1 Driver) - This would be my pick for a tabby, I think it 'fits'!

If my guess about you being into cars was wrong, then... there are plenty of good names being listed!!

Good luck! :crazy

·
Registered
611 Posts
I like acronyms. Ex: C.T. (Cee Tee) short for Classic Tabby. of course you can discover your own.

if my bengal was a girl her name was going to be Elsey, (L.C.) - short for Leopard Cat, as in asian leopard cat

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Their address is 2811 SE 29th Street which doesn't work either. Closest street to it is Bryant which has been a tempting option.
That was good for a laugh! "Meet my new kitty, 2811 SE 29th Street."

I love sort of whimsical names for cats. It's the kind of name that if you met a person named that, you'd want to slap him on the back. If I had another boy, I'm thinking he would be either Ramsey, Bixby, Smitty, or Canyon.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Osage is still my top pick for him since Osage Beach is right by Lake of the Ozarks :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts