Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been adopted by a darling little boy, and he's the cutest friendliest cat you'll ever see, so unless I see a flyer on the bulliten board saying lost kitty, he's staying. He acted starved when he came inside, so I assume he was outside alone lost a while.

But either way I need something to call him! 'the cat' doesn't exactly suffice, here's what he looks like.. Any ideas are HUGELY appreciated!

thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Maybe after you wait a while and get to know him better you'll think of a name based on his personality. Or think of things you like, actors, book characters, music bands and maybe get something from there.

A few boy name cats... Milo, Cody, Monty, Cooper, Morris, Meeko, Zazu (I like how it sounds).. Ruffles! hehe, I wish I would've named mine that ;)

I don't know, I'm just making it up as I go ;) But apparently they respond better to names with the sound of the letter 'e' so you might want to take that into consideration.

Let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The pictures need to be in JPEG or GIF format. BMP doesnt work for online postings nor Web browsers

·
Registered
90 Posts
We can't see your picture of kitty, but how about something like Copper, Merlin, Elgar, Snuggles, Monty, Charlie, Loki, Raffles and Tiki.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I can see the pictures! What a handsome boy. :)
I can't think of any new ideas for names. I agree with artemisa, sometimes the kitty's personality can help you come up with a name.
I have always named my cats after characters in books. In fact we had the name Velvet in mind before we even found her. :p

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Indigo (nickname=Indy) Oddyseus (Odie for short) hehe. Those are both names that *I* really like -- but I'd just let this boy play around with you I'd say. A name will come to you -- you don't want to give him a name that you're not certain is perfect, and totally fits his personality. :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
I like the whole naming cats with people names... What are some E ones: Edgar, Elvis, Edwin, Earle, Edward (or Ed), Elton, Epert... I like Earle. :) Sorta sounds like a cat sound.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Have you called the local humane society just to check? Often people call in their lost pets to the shelters.

As for a name, I'll list the ones I have used for my gerbils (I used to breed) and maybe you might like one:
Aris, Aspen, Logan, Rowan, Jasper, Janus, Io, Callisto, Mimas, Sol, Quin, Caden, Pahana, Pepper, Piper

Good luck with your new addition and I hope you find a name for him soon!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hmm I kinda like "Pete" or "Pete-y".

Or! How about "Kipper"? Hehehe.. if he was my new kitty, I'd call him that after the Calgary Flames' goalie, Kiprusoff hehehe. Cup Fever! GO FLAMES!

Ya, I think Kipper is a good name!

Edit: Or his first name is kinda cool too, "Miikka."

·
Registered
159 Posts
BoscosMum said:
When I saw his pic...the first n ame that popped
in my head was "Cloudy"
Is it 'cause the pics are blurry? :lol:

Indigo sounds cool. Kiprusoff! LOL. My friend just got a kitty from the street, she named him Sky Captain! She's obsessed with Jude Law and that's his new movie :roll: lol. She's not gonna keep him though, just looking for a good home for him.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I love naming threads -- because then for a minute we can all pretend that is OUR new little kitty, and we're trying to find a new name for him. :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
LOL ForJazz I know what you mean, I ALMOST did a poll to see which name we should name Chaos but Fiance finally made up his mind.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone, I think we've settled on Meeko.. he responded to it when I was testing names out on him, so I think he likes it :D Thanks for all the fab suggestions!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts