Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so happy to find this forum. We're at wit's end to find a way to deal with this problem: our older cat (about 16) is being "terrorized" by our younger one (actually about 12 yrs) at every opportunity. Both are females. The younger will "playfully" attack the older one, who of course hisses and no damage is done. This has always gone on, but now that the older cat is getting more feeble, it appears the younger one is becoming more aggressive.

Our older one has started hiding in corners, hesitating to venture out into the rest of the house, etc. She's looking depressed.

Any ideas as to how we can deal with this situation?

Thanks so much for any help or advice,
Tom

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Tom, I wish I could help you with a great, original idea. However, I can only suggest the obvious--to keep the cats separated when you are not close by. Any punishment I can suggest would also disturb the older cat--dropping a can with coins or yelling, "NO" would make your older cat even more nervous. I think you will have to step in, literally, and move the younger cat to a room with a closed door. It's such a shame that two old friends can't play the way they always did. :(

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Isn't it great to have Dr. Jean? It's great that we are discussing a 12 year old cat as the young one! You must take very good care of your cats. I think it's great that she can play and her older "sister" can have a peaceful life. I wish you the very best! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Help...

Thanks for the Help...

I'll try and keep my "younger" cat playing. I could probably use a dose of "playfulness" as well. We'll both benefit. :)

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts