Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help fast! There's a sweet little cat that appeared yesterday outside our office--she looks to be about 6 months old--who is wearing a very worn flea collar and no other ID. She's super friendly--purrs instantly and even lets people pick her up--and she keeps trying to come inside--seems like she may have been a housecat at one point. She's pretty thin and dug right in on some dry food I brought her this morning. This little kitty is breaking my cat-lovin' heart--she is just so grateful for the attention and purrs like nobody's business at the slightest kindness. But my husband would kill me if I brought her home, and honestly I'm not sure our teeny house can handle two cats anyway. So thinking that I might see her again today, I brought my cat's carrier with me to work...I'm thinking that I should probably take her to the Humane Society. What do you think? My deep fear is that she will end up being put down. On the other hand, at least there she has a chance for adoption, and out on the street she risks being smushed by a car or other harm. Help! Would I be doing her a service or a harm by taking her to the Humane Society?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Take it to the shelter. The cat I adopted did the same thing as yours. They give a 7 day waiting period which includes database searches for lost cats. After that, you can adopt, or someone else can.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Take the cat to a shelter where it will find a nice home and be cared for. Or you could take it in yourself and sort of compremise with your husband! Also it may be someone elses cat so a shelter is probably the best option! :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
if the cat turns out not the have an owner, would making it an office pet be a possibility? i know some companies keep pets. just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts