Cat Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
I'd keep it and if you can't have more cats, stop there. I once was sitting on my porch as a kid (we lived in the country) and was just looking out across the yard. I noticed something small walking down the dirtroad, it turned and walked down our driveway.

As it got closer I could see it was a little kitten. It walked right down the driveway, up the stairs, and sat at my feet and stared at me. It was like he knew where he was supposed to be and had came up to introduce himself. I never called out to it or moved the whole time.

I'd take it as a sign the cat chose you, but that's just me.

· Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tricky, what happened then?

Alpaca, you give us all hope in the threads with your story, thank you for that.

Last night she tried to escape after she got furious at me for letting the bad man hurt her with the long claw (she got her vet check-up and shots). But when she saw the streets again, just from the lobby, she turned back and went willingly into the elevator and back home.

She seems a bit calmer tonight, hopefully that'll improve the relationship with Prince too...

· Registered
1,513 Posts
I'm glad to be of service. I know how stressful it can be with your furkids aren't getting along. I was actually having the most trouble (and on occasion there's still a small spat) with Rocky the dog and Miu, not between the two cats.

In a way, things are already rolling for you since all 3 are familiar with each other. Even if they never get along, they'll likely develop at least a grudging tolerance and a level of comfort for each other over time.

It's been about 2 yrs for Rocky and Miu. Rocky is top dog and likes to re-enforce this by charging and barking when he thinks she's misbehaving. She used to jump with a start, recoil and paw back pitifully, sometimes hissing at him. Now she either looks at him like he's nuts then walk away or continue doing what she's doing and ignores him entirely. She's learned that he's all bark and no bite. Either my mom or I will intervene if things appear to escalate but that's once in a while now.

I'm amazed now there are times when they appear to even enjoy each other's company. So, all hope is not lost for you. Just hang in for this rough part in the beginning. For reference, it's taken about 2 yrs for Rocky and Miu to reach a comfortable equilibrium followed by another year for Jack to integrate.

· Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Your words are very comforting, Alpaca. Knowing that things can continue improving along the first few years is a great thing. And with all the stress and tension in the house these days, I still feel that they much prefer to be in this situation with each other than all alone... It breaks my heart to see the Prince of the house reduced to hiding in the dark corners, but I think as she calms down it'll improve.

· Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm glad to report that things are almost normal now, with Prince still cautious of Bianquita but not hiding anymore. And Bianquita has calmed down almost completely, she rarely goes after him anymore if he passes by close. She got her vet exam and shots (she was already neutered). She's terrified of being left behind, so she always goes out with me when I feed the strays and comes running back home with me. She doesn't want me out of her sight. Prince was the same at the beginning. She's stopped eating all the time, she's not obsessed with food anymore. And she doesn't swat me anymore when I fuss around her and surprise her with a movement.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.