Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last friday we got this hartz flea drops for our three cats...2 of them had no problems...1 however has been distant lately, well we gave her a bath and not she is pretty lethargic. She has been sleeping all day and has barely eaten anything. Her nose is dry and her tummy is a lil warm but not feverish. Im very worried about her. The emergency clinic said there isnt much they can do for her and want to charge me 80dollars PLUS other fees and i dont hvae that kind of money right now and my parents are out of town. If any vets are on the forum tonight i really need help.

Thank you :cry:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Are there any vets that can work with you money wise? I dont think there is anything a person (even a vet) can tell you on these forums that will help; your kitty needs professional treatment fast. There have been several posts about Hartz hurting kitties, and there is even a website:

http://www.hartzvictims.org/.

I hope you fing someone that will help you out and that your kitty gets well soon. Please update us on her condition.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
We have a vet who's a member, but you really can't count on that in an emergency. She can give you general advice, but would have to examine your cat in order to treat her. Please take the cats to the vet. Perhaps there is an aunt or uncle or a good friend of the family who will help you out in this emergency. They really have to go to the vet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this morning I dropped her off at the vet. I called my parents so they know about the situation in case i need them to put money in my account. Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thunder, my former kitty, would always act really lethargic after the Hartz flea treatment, and my neighbor's dog did the same thing. They would always recover after a day or two, but after this happened two or three times, we stopped using Hartz. This was a few years ago, before I knew how dangerous Hartz is... well, actually, before my mom knew how dangerous Hartz is. I wasn't old enough to care for the cat then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I talked to the vet and they said that they dont think it was caused by the flea medicine BUT the lethargy might have been from it. They took some blood. She had a fever of 104.8 when i brought her in and she was dehydrated. They gave her some fluids under the skin and a shot to bring the fever down. They are keeping an eye on her and they'll know more from the bloodwork tomorrow. Thankfully i can take her home tonight. I am so worried about her, The vet we took her to I trust unconditionally. he's always taken good care of my pets. I hope its nothing really serious though :cry:

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I'm so glad you took her! Dehydration is serious, and her temperature was well above normal (101.5). I'm sure the vet will be able to help her. I'll keep you and kitty in my prayers. Keep us informed, ok?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much. I'll just be happy when i have her in my arms and i can lay down and cuddle with her. She loves to be cuddled with..she usually lays on my pillow at night above my head curled around it..but since she was sick she hasnt. She has been at the foot of the bed.

Thank you for your prayers. I will definatly keep y'all posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My girl just picked her up and she is safe and sound at home. She told me she looks and acts a lot better and that she is actually eating!!! :)

She also told me that she thinks harlequinn misses me because she was meowing for me walking all over the place looking for me then layed down on a pair of my jeans before going to eat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts