Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will be the first time, in my kitty's 7 years of age, that she will know a different place from where she has lived all her life. She is difficult and neurotic to begin with. At the same time she is very sensitive and her whole self gets all messed up with any change in her rutine. Needless to say, we are looking for all the advice we can possibly get before we make that massive change. If she only knew how much nicer this place is. So much more room to run around, so much sunlight at all times, so many birds to watch............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please, help me ease this transition for her.
Do you think we should give some vet prescribed pill to calm her down at least for the trip (about 45 minutes)? Or, would that be worse since she would suddenly "wake up" to a place she does not recognize?
Thanks for taking the time to guide me.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
If your cat likes car rides it'd be fine, but I get it that she is a bit scared of car rides? If so, put a blankie on top of the carrier and try some Rescue Remedy in her water before. I'm not sure how those vet pills work but anyways just wanted to wish you some luck.

Btw, I just had the funniest thought of using catnip instead of carpet deoderizer before vacuuming the new apt. that way your cat may love the new place......hehe :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rescue Remedy?...

I just wanted to know what you meant about that: The Rescue Remedy...
THanks for replying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts