Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new baby, 4 mo old kitty, Hemingway. I am concerned I am not feeding him enough. I give him half a small can of innova wet cat and kitten food in the am and the other half in the evening. Sometimes I will supplement this with a third half a can before bed. If I feed him too much all at once he barfs it. It is hard to feed him every four hours because when I go to work I am gone for 12 hours at a stretch. Is this enough or should I be feeding him more? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Such a cute baby! It's hard when you are gone that long (that's how long I'm gone too). I would feed before work and let your baby eat as much as it wants. You might do the same when you get home, then give a bedtime snack (as much as he wants). In essence, then, you could feed him three times a day that way. If he starts getting chubby, cut back on the amount a bit; otherwise, if he stays nice and lean, continue feeding that much until his appetite slows down.

My cat is a year and a half old now and still eats a 6 oz can a day, even though she only weighs 7 lbs. She is very lean and active ... and sassy!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
What about an automatic pet feeder? Most will handle wet or dry, though I would not be comfortable putting wet food out for very long.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I will feed him 3 times a day, more when I am home. I can't do an automatic pet feeder because I have two other grown cats and unfortunately they need to lose weight! They would end up eating all the food anyway. i feed the kitten separate from them so that he can eat in peace. I will try to give him a full can in the am.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts