Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First some information.
Currently have 2 8month old kittens, both from the same litter, always got along well.

Then we got a new kitten, 8 weeks old, was abandoned. Only had it 1 day, its just slept the whole time since we fead it, it was so weak.

Trouble is the 2 cats we already had sont like it. And kwep trying to attack it.

What's worse is that they have alo startes attacking each other.

The 2 cat are female and the new is male.

We don't really have the space to isolate them for long periods and whilt we can keep them apart, the situation is getting worse.

I know its only the first day but I have work Monday and while the new cat is getting stronger, I don't know if she could defend herself against the other 2.

Help!

·
Registered
146 Posts
it is normal for this to happen when introducing a new kitty. but it think that it is pretty much mandatory that you have to be able to keep the new cat seperate from the cats you already had, in the interest of the new kittens saftey. Cats CAN be violent when thier territoy is invaded. as for the two cats you already had, they are probably just stressed about the new addition, but i imagine those too will be ok for the most part.
i would suggest leaving the new kitten in a bathroom or something, with its own food and litter. that will also help the other cats get used to the new smell, they can get close to the door without any danger to anyone.
when i recently brought a second kitten home, i had to lock on of them in my bedroom all day with food and litter for about 4 days before there was no more fighting.

again, you HAVE to find some way to keep the new kitten isolated at least while your not home, it most definatly will not be able to defend itself agains two larger cats, and you dont what the little guy to get injured! like i said, i suggest either your bedroom, or a bathroom. with the little guy out of site, hopefully your two females will at least be ok with eatchother.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts