Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people.

I'm from England and I'm due to pick up my Bengal kitten on Thursday. However, i've hit a bit of a snag... The breeder contacted me today to say she couldn't neuter the kitten due to one undescended testicle. She said she will pay 50% of the vet bill when the cat will be neutered at a later date or if it needs surgery. I'm not 100% about this and would like as much advice as possible? Has this happened to anyone before? Surely since it's in the contract to have the kitten neutered they are breaking this? Should I ask for money off the kitten? I've already paid a £200 deposit on the kitten.

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Rob.

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
Welcome!

If the contract says the kittens are delivered to the new owners already fixed, she should be paying 100% of the vet bill when your cat is neutered. Why is she offering to pay only 50%? Sounds a little shady to me, like she knows there will be issues down the road.

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
She's playing on your desire to have the kitten...she'll give you the choice of picking up half the bill or no kitten. Of course, you've been waiting for this kitten for a long time (I assume several weeks anyway), you're attached, even if you haven't met it...and she's counting on that to save her some $$. I'd be very wary and concerned about her breeding practices in general.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts