·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new,, no time to introduce myself.... my apologies :(

I'm no big cat fan.. but

my cat is acting very awkward!

The other day, one of his fingernails was completely cut off while he was scratching up the carpet (ouch!). There were no other injuries, bleeding, etc.

And sincee this morning he's been hiding in one spot and crying all day. From my observation, there is no signs of a cold or any related sickness (nothing really happened in the time between)

Is it just depression or what?? I heard when a cat is declawed, they become depressed.

Please help, can anyone relate to this or udnerstand the science behind the behavior??

Thanks so much, I'd GREATLy appreciate any input!

Sorry again, I put this under the wrong category..

·
Registered
454 Posts
A trip to the vet would be wise. An injury, even though there's no obvious signs, can become infected causing all kinds of problems. The severity of the problem can depend on how long an infection would go untreated. It may not be an infection at the site of the injury at all, but his behavior change is enough to merit having him checked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes yes, i'll definitely bring him to the vet -- the earliest tomorrow morning though. I just want to know if he'll be ok throughout the night..

It seems very severe right now. He's just lying there crying every few minutes. :( :( :(

It started this morning but he was ok during the afternoon. Now he's in the worst condition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have been able to look at his paws and only a claw was missing. Well... i'm tired, been obeserving the cat too long

still have some work to do..

I can just hope for the best.....

Thanks for the input, i appreciate it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
sounds like your not going to take him/her to the vet.

I would highly recommend making that trip. It could save your cat a lot of pain in the future.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I would take the cat to the emergency vet if you can. It sounds pretty bad. Let us know what the vet says. Hope your cat gets better soon. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts