Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here is my problem. My Siamese, Sophie, has never been spayed. She had a litter about 4 years ago and I just never had her fixed after that. She is in heat right now, which has never been a problem before now. However, this is because there used to be three other cats in the house, two of her litter and the father of the litter, all neutered, but having a male cat in the house kind of kept her distracted. However, the three males are no longer in the house, and so for the past two nights she has been howling pretty much incessantly. I can't afford to get her spayed right now, so I just wanted to find out if anyone had any suggestions for keeping her quiet at night so I can sleep?
I appreciate any ideas!!!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hum... I really don't think you could keep her quiet. You could always get ear plugs! No kidding.

You should look up low cost spay/neuter programs in your area. There is bound to be a vet that can give you a good deal on getting her altered.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
There's nothing you can do to keep her quiet except get her spayed. No sleep is the price you pay for not doing it before now! :wink:

Spay/USA maintains a list of clinics offering low-cost spay/neuter (1-800-248-SPAY), as does Friends of Animals (1-800-321-PETS), or go to www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter/spayneuter.html. You can also contact your local shelter or animal control agency for a referral.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts