Cat Forum banner

help....

825 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  stacey christianson 
#1 ·
I have two cats. They are both male. Dippy is fixed and Sir Lanka is not. Recently they started using the floor as thier litterbox. It's getting horrible.What do I do?

#3 ·
Since Sri Lanka is male and not neutered, he will spray everywhere. It's just a fact of life that unneutered males spray. To compound matters, Dippy will smell it and want to cover it up with his own scent. It's a vicious cycle.

In order to fix the problem, neuter Sri Lanka. Clean every spot where they sprayed with an enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle. You'll need to get rid of the smell in order to stop the cycle. A good rule of thumb for multi-cat households is one litterbox for each cat and one extra. You'll need two more litterboxes for your house.

Good luck!

#6 ·
In that case I would look at what has changed. Some cats are pretty sensitive to those things.

Did you get a new litterbox? Move the current one to a different location? Change litters? Is the litterbox dirty?

I moved one of my litterboxes into the furnace room. Thomas was okay with that but Kitty refused to use it because of the noise from the water softener. I had to move it back to the old location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.