Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
My cat Bluey is awesome, apart from one thing - he won't stop eating birds.

I am constantly coming home from work to find a couple of feathers and some wings waiting for me (everything else has gone!!).

I have tried putting a bell on his collar but that hasn't worked, and I can't find any more tips on the internet!

Can anyone help me with some suggestions?

·
Registered
282 Posts
The best advice you will get is to keep him indoors. Outdoor life is very rough on a cat (and on those birds too). :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Eating birds might be a substitute for either a better diet or entertainment. You should either give him more/better food or play with her/him more... I dunno, just a suggestion.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Absolutely, keep him indoors or at least contained. An outside cat is likely to meet disease, injury, or early death before age 5.

The best of all possible worlds is to build an outdoor enclosure fenced on all sides and the top. That way he can have his sun and fresh air time but not kill anything (unless it suicidally walks into the enclosure!) and stay safe himself. You might look through our newsletter archives from around October-November last year for a couple of articles we did on this--lots of great photos too! www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?action=nlarchive

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts