Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about this before but my cat twinkie (DMH) is 5.5 months old and has been panting recently. He did it before when I brought him home and has done it off and on since then and lately it has gotten worse. He will play for a bit and then sit there and pant and then resume play. I took him to the vet and she listened to his lungs and heart. She said they were both "great" and he has no temperature and appears to be in good health. Is eating, drinking, running aroudn and doing normal cat-like things. The vet said she didn't think it was FIV, leukemia, etc. but dind't know what it was and told me to monitor it for now and call her if it gets worse. I'm very worried about him! any suggestions on what it could be??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
k anyone??
one vet said it could be a congenital heart defect and another said it was possibly a lung problem

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Yes, a heart defect could definately be the problem. It certainly does not sound normal. Until you figure out what is going on, you should try to keep things as low-key as possible, so as not to overwork him. And if this vet continues to tell you that "everything is fine" and he "seems healthy", get a different doctor.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Does he pant when not playing or does it take some type of activity to get him to pant ???

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he pants after light activity. he will run around the kitchen a few times and pant. or I will play with his feather toy for only 30 seconnds and he will pant for a few seconds then resume play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts