Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone-

Posting here in hopes of some friendly advice of some fellow cat lovers. My cat Indy has one horned pad - on one of her pinky toes. It just looks like a mini double claw. I noticed it the first time I clipped her nails. It doesn't appear to hurt her in any way, nor does she limp or walk funny. She is about 6-7 and otherwise a normal healthy cat

Is this something I should take her to a vet to see? I'm not sure how to handle it...

Thanks folks!

http://www.catforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4541&stc=1&d=1340319605

Attachments

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
yeti's father kiwi has them on most of his front pads, they trim off the dry sections if they start to bother him.making sure its only the dead sections..

·
Registered
431 Posts
My Romy has one as well. He usually takes care of it himself, chewing it off, but on the few occasions that he hasn't gotten to it, we trim it along with his nails. It's never caused him an issue. The only thing I think that could cause issue, is if the nail were to grow into the horn and cause discomfort. (which has never happened in Romy's case)

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Torri gets these, I try and keep them trimmed or they tend to get caught on things. She has one on each toe on her front feet, some get longer than others though.

As long as it isn't bothering your kitty I wouldn't worry about it too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts