Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am discovering lots of info on here. First I never knew cats needed mostly or all wet food. Well I will be finding a good brand. I just bought a new bad of Chicken soup for the kitten lovers soul and cannot return it so I will be doing half dry half wet until that bag is finished.

I am finding the name squeekers doesnt fit her... :? Any name suggestions? Also she is a torti right?

The last two pics are a couple weeks ago. The first one is after her bath yesterday ( I want her used to being bathed). When I first brought her home I thought my dog would eat her. But i was wrong, he took to her as his own even tho he is a male. He will carry her to his bed and wash her. She tried to suckle off him :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh she took to my dog right away. Now they always play. Lincoln isnt a German Shepherd. He is a Belgian malinois

Sometimes I think Lincoln thinks he is the kitties mother. Not bad for a dog competing in schutzhund who has multiple titles :wink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm thinking you should call her Capt. Jack Harkness.

If you aren't a geek, you won't get the reference:

"Cpt. Jack Harkness" is actually an alien time traveler in the Dr. Who universe who has a penchant to sleep with any species in the universe.... regardless of sex.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lincoln wont hold it against anyone. He is very protective of his momma..lol. He wont let anyone near me without barking at them. Once he decides your not a threat he is your best friend. Alot of people cofuse his as a GSD because of his black markings, but hes not. Hes papered and everything.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
She is a tortie, and a very cute one, at that! Lincoln is gorgeous. I love his chiseled face and erect ears.

Hmmm...what to name the kitty-formerly-known-as-squeakers... I'm afraid I'm not that great with names. I think we choose good ones, but then as we have the cat longer and longer, their name just sort of morphs into the name that is best for that cat. I'd probably call her "Tortie" until I found the nick-name-that-stuck.
I desperately want to have a calico or tortie and name it Gollywog. Is that crazy, or what? If you like the name Golly, feel free to use it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, Lincoln is my pride and joy. The cats first name was Phoenix after my hometown. Then I tried Kanoa which means the free one in Hawaiian (I figured since she was going to be snake food that would fit), Then it was Kahula but that didnt fit. My aunt suggested Squeekers because she meowed a lot. Now she doesn't. Golly is cute but I fi nd it more suiting for boys. One question...do un spayed female cats spray? I will be getting her spayed through a spay/neuter program here because I cannot afford the $260.00 the vet wants, and I qualify because I am low income so the spay will cost me $140.00. YAY. They are very picky who they let in only because a few people were abusing the system last year. I guess they were asking family members who qualified to apply and get their cat fixed, so these people who made a good pay check were falsy getting in the spay/neuter program because they didnt think they should have to pay that much to get their cat fixed.

What age should I get her fixed? I dont want to declaw because I do not agree with it. The one vet was pushing it on me but I said no.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Good for you for not just doing what the vet suggested when it comes to declawing. That's a terrible thing to suggest as some kind of regular treatment, like spaying/neutering, worming, etc. Stick to your guns on that one.

The pictures of the two of them together are incredible! What a study in contrasts -- little sweet kitten and big ferocious looking dog. How about the name Tequila? You could call her "Tiki" for short.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
London is such a beautiful boy! You are lucky to have him.

I am shocked that a vet in this day and age would try to push declawing on you. It sounds like that vet is out for the money it would make him and does not care a bit what it does to the cat. I would think twice before trusting that vet for anything.

Your kitten is very cute, too. I don't have any name suggestions, we usually keep the name the rescue place gives them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts