Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little while ago, I was sitting on the floor in front of my bed, my mom was on my bed, and we were petting Addison. I just got off work and she told me he'd been crying for attention all night :(

While we were sitting there our bird, an African Grey parrot with no feathers (he plucks himself bald...been doing it for over 20 years) was walking around the house and decided to come into my room to see what all the fuss was about. While he was in the hallway, Addison hopped off the bed and walked toward him, not really looking like he'd do anything, just curious. Well the bird let out a scream I've never heard before! With my mom and myself running to help, Addison got scared and ran to another bedroom and under the bed and he's been hiding in my closet since then.

I never thought he'd be brave enough to go after the bird! He runs from everything! Now my only concern is while he walks around the house some times, he'll try to jump on the birds perch to get him... I hope not.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Tee hee go bird go!!!

I am sure that you were careful and don't need to be reminded to be watchful!!

A week ago one of my budgies somehow escaped from his cage and my kitty ate him all up. We weren't around at the time (well I was asleep with the bedroom door shut, hubby was at work).

Malcolm has never shown the slightest interest in our birds that live in the living room, but with one one the gound I am sure he quickly got interested. Mowgli probably looked tasty. :cry: His wings were clipped because we sometimes let them out in the bedroom while keeping Malcolm in the rest of the house.A couple of years ago one of the birds broke her leg by flying too fast into a door, so I have kept their wings clipped.

Now they are going to be growing out.

I have cried so much this week :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm very sorry for your loss, but I can quickly assure you that our bird can do more damage to the cat than the other way around. I hope so anyway, but I'm sure after that ordeal, they'll be keeping they're distance from one another.

·
Registered
205 Posts
but I'm sure after that ordeal, they'll be keeping they're distance from one another.
Probably!!! What a fiesty bird, it was so funny to read about!!!
And yes I am positive an african grey can take care of itself!! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts