Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name's Amanda, and I've always been more of a dog person than a cat person. However, I cannot have my dog with me in my apartment because he's too big, so I decided to try out a cat. Unfortunately, we had to get rid of our first one because he was a very troublesome cat. We tried it again about a month or so ago. I now own two cats... Reaper is well, just a kitten, as he is only about 3 months old, and the other one is a stray I recently took in, Samson. Reaper is very spunky. He loves to play and punk on Samson. This concerns me, however because Samson, being a stray, is under nourished and not quite strong enough to play with Reaper.

I did have a question about what I should be feeding Samson. I have been feeding him wet food because it's higher in protein, while Reaper gets his usual dry kitten food. I wish I could afford to feed both of them wet food, but that is not possible at this point in time. Both of them drink plenty of water, and other than Samson being underweight, he seems pretty healthy. He's playful on his terms and seems to be getting better with every passing day. He does seem to have a bit of an eye infection, and we will be getting him and Reaper to the vet very soon for a full work-up on them.

I think I am doing everything I should be but would like some advice if anyone has any. This is the first time I have cared for a stray cat, so I suppose it's like having your first child. It's all new, and I have no idea what I'm doing. LoL. Again, if anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Thanks much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Unfortunately it won't be for about another week, but I will definitely be bringing both of them in for their de-worming and full work-up. I'm kinda new to my area, so I'm still calling around for a good vet. For now, I try to keep them both as separate as possible because I don't want Reaper catching anything from Samson. This has proven to be rather difficult because they are just so playful! LoL.

Thank you for the advice. Every little bit helps!

-Manda-

·
Registered
120 Posts
Unfortunately, we had to get rid of our first one because he was a very troublesome cat.
Hello and welcome!

I would say that a vet trip is in immediate order. Something that we would struggle to treat can usually be treated by a vet, with ease. Being a new cat owner is quite the learning experience! Just don't give up and keep us posted! :)

And I have to ask...

This other cat that you had but got rid of because it was "troublesome..."

What is troublesome? I've got two cats that can be quite troublesome, as cats can be - but unless I catch them conspiring to kill me in my sleep, I could never rehome them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Also, let me add that I know that there are circumstances that can lead to a cat needing to be rehomed, so please don't take my last comment as an attack - I'm just curious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts