Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That be true-eth! In 8 weeks time I'll be going to the U.S/U.S.A/America/United States. You get the picture. Now you must be thinking why have I made this topic when its 8 weeks/more/less weeks away? Yes now we atually find a point to this thread. For those members who live in America whats hot out there? Like meaning in products what sort of stuff is popular there? Belive it or not there is a reason behind this question. But somebody/members/mods/people must have the anwser!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Where in the USA are you going to be? We live here! My husband is from Great Britian! He has been living here for almost 2 years now.

·
Banned
316 Posts
I'm going to agree with what was said so far. It totally depends on where you are going.

Each area of the country has different fads.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to M and D, maybe Orlando. But knowing them It will soon change. Heh, well I have to agree. Americ is one big country. Just a small part of it is as big as Britian :O And another bit as big as france! And thats still only parts of the country. Man, America is one **** of a country. I'm sure I'll fit in :)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Well, if you go to Orlando, definately Disney World, Sea World, Epcot Center, etc....

Yeah, the US is big! I think many of our states are the same size as countries in Europe. So, you can see why we wanted to know where you are going to be!

·
Registered
777 Posts
yep, even take just California -there are BIG differences in SoCal vs NorCal and heck even just some counties here.
Orange County and Rverside County are world's apart for instance. :)

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Music? Food? Clothing?

When it comes to brand there are so many brands in America, so you can always buy an unnamed brand and pretend it is "bountique" stuff, like what I do :wink:

If you get something people don't recognize there are always too possibilities.

1. It is some kind of speciality "bountique" thing

2. It is an off-brand.

I think your attitude determines which scenario it is :wink:

·
Registered
449 Posts
umm, well you've got to hunt down and try Dippin Dots, they're awesome icecream that's supercooled, kind of like Solero Shots.

umm as for items. I'm more of a fan of the off the beaten path items. like a picture of the worlds largest twine ball and such. but if you want super popular things, disney ears, amusement park stuff... but those are fantastically overpriced and you'd waste SO much money on 'official' items.

though clothes wise it's actually amusing, British fashion is starting to 'invade' the US again so you'd just get cheap versions of what everyone is wearing back home.

if you want odd items, look for offbeat action figures, like jesus... I'd go for the delux model though he comes with five loaves of bread, two fish and a jug for turning water into wine (not guaranteed to work for real). Also features “glow-in-the-dark miracle hands.

I love these things and you can get them in novelty shops

Grape cool aid, my best friend lived in Cleckheaton for most of her life and she said the thing she missed most was grape flavored stuff

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Girls so dig the British accent over here. You'll be popular, I promise :wink:

You shouldn't worry if something is hot or not.

When I was high school all of my clothes were from Taiwan (definitely not hot). American clothes cost six times than Taiwanese clothes. I was able to make them hot by pretending they are exotic.

You could point to anything you own that is not hot and be able to say "well, at least it is British"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I get this kind of question a lot from people who've never been to the U.S. To us it's kind of like asking "what are people like in Asia?" because you'll find every kind of person and every kind of city there is. Even in Orlando, FL -- you'll find all different kinds of people there. It would be silly to say "In Orlando people like hip hop and punk t-shirts with little frilly skirts" because the truth is, you could probably find people who like the same things you do no matter what you wear or listen to. Don't worry about "what's popular" -- just come here as a person who is excited to be on vacation and see some sights, and you'll be fine. And don't buy things over here because they are popular, buy them because you like them and can't find them at home. I know when I went to Orlando last year I was very excited to buy some big beaded necklaces, a straw cowboy hat, and a cute surfer bikini...but somehow I don't think that will help you. ;)

Why are you making the trip here?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Hey, how exciting!! Can't tell if you're moving here or just visiting. Either way, have lots of fun.

I'm the last person to give input on what's hot, so I won't bother. I do know for your age group, IPods are really hot, especially that new one with the video. Cell phones with removable covers and cool ringtones are in. Don't know what the latest songs or designs are, though.

Can't even comment on clothing. But Orlando's going to feel really really hot compared to the UK, so tees and shorts and sandals. And tons of sunblock. LOL.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
shengmei said:
Girls so dig the British accent over here. You'll be popular, I promise :wink:
BULLSEYE!
muahahhahaa lol :p
Well eventaully we plan to live there, were getting a bit fed up of all the cold and bad weather England has. All this advice thankyou, I just hope where were staying has internet connection! lol :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts