Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Amanda and I just got a 6wk old baby boy named Archie. He's sooo sweet and loving!

Attached is a pic of Archie sleeping on my shoulder.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
Welcome!

Archie is adorable, but he looks much older than 6 weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so too. Maybe more like 8 or 9wks? The lady insisted on 6wks but either way, I love this lil dude!

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
Here's Charlee at almost 9 weeks old, her fur hasn't filled in like Archie's, although Cali's fur (in the background) does look more like Archie's. And yes, Charlee always looks surprised and like she's wearing too much eyeliner.

That really is such a sweet picture of you and Archie.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm so confused about his age! He is a bit more 'needy/reliant' on me to remind him to eat, drink and after power naps, he needs help finding his litter box.
With that said, I've been staying in my blocked off room with his box just across the room. He'll meow till I no-show him where it is & then will use it to potty

Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and will seek me out for naps/bedtime. I know part of his personality but could he have developed more of this need seek ms out for naps?

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
His age doesn't really matter, I think you're doing everything right, no kitten is the same. I do, however, think he would do better in a different climate. I'll send you my info and you can make the travel arrangements to get him to my house. As soon as possible.

Just kidding, he's giving me serious kitten fever!!! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It had just gotten me thinking. I try to make sure I show him where things are instead of just picking him up and putting him by it. Am going to try to get him to vet for shots next week. He and my 7lb chihuahua mix have begun to play and hang out sometimes. Archie also isn't concerned with my mini poodle who is almost 10yrs old and thinks she needs to be the disciplinarian.. 🤦‍♀️ Silly animals!

Pic attached of him sleeping.. No, he's not been spoiled at all! 😁

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
Seriously! Are you trying to be mean? My friends know I want an orange boy someday. I think that picture is called the "rehome me" pose.

I raise you an innocence pose: My girls were fighting and I said, "Fine, nobody gets treats." I swear they turned to look at me and this was it. This also reminded me of all of their kitten habits, so I think I'm over the kitten fever. They were freaking adorable, but brats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha awe they are adorable! Archie is definitely a character! He's discovered my feet as I sleep move and that they're fun to chase lol. Only thing is nearly falling over him and almost busting my face to save him 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
Oh, that never changes. After 12 years, I tell my girls "How are you still alive??" I can't believe I've never stepped on them! I have to do the "black cat shuffle" when I walk - not lifting my feet off the floor when I walk, especially at night.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm just praying I dont accidentally bc I'm already not the most coordinated soul on 2 legs Haha!

He is playing more and harder now that I'm focusing more on make sure he is developing memory for where his bowls are so he eats & drinks more.

He wrestled with Bella (chi mix) who was very gentle with him. He is sound asleep (yes on me, layin on my chest.. lol) he scares me bc he sleeps so hard he'll just be so 'limp/floppy' when he power naps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts