Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a cat hater for 53 years. Well three years ago, I looked out my window and the most beautiful blue eyed, white with yellow points and faint yellow strippings in his tail cat was staring back at me. I went to the refrigerator and dished him up a bowl full of tuna salad. Of coarse he ran under the deck when I presented the dish. I watched out the window and he emerged eagerly eating the whole bowl. I then bought some cat food and began feeding him regularly. Within 2 weeks I had him sitting on my lap.
My wife objected to a house cat. I started slowly bring him into the house to play with him. My wife would always say before going to bed, "Put your **** cat out before you go to bed." I would put him on the unheated back porch, with a litter box for the night. He already knew what a litter box was and was used it. I then bought another box for inside and convenienly started forgetting to put him out at night. He was a perfect house cat. I named him Colonel Klink. I would not know what to do if I lost him.
Last Sat. a gorgous black kitten was at my door when I went to go outside. I have him in a safe room now. He accidently met Colonel before I was ready, so expect a lot of posting on cat behavior and introductions from me.

·
Super Moderator
26,491 Posts
Welcome!

Does your wife like the Colonel now?

Black kitties are very special, looking forward to pictures of both.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's a great story you've got there. :) How nice of you to take him in! I hope all goes well for you and your new family members.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. We'd love to see pictures when you have time! They both sound wonderful.
I don't have pictures of the new kitty Onyx yet but will try to post a picture of Colonel. Keep your fingures crossed that I do it correctly.

Will be back tomorrowwith a load of cat behavior questions.
Making a house cat out of the new kitten, Onyx, is not going well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts