Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum, and look forward to learning all I can about
helping my 8 year old cat Angel lose weight. She is always hungry,
no matter how much I feed her! Thanks for any guidance.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
welcome to another Angel!

hi tammyangel!

we have an 11 year old (11 in June actually) named Angel, too! hurray! we adopted her a little over 2 months ago and her history was that she was extremely overweight herself when she was first surrendered to the shelter. that was 2 1/2 years ago. she was over 16 lbs when she came in and they got her down to @9 lbs in i think about a year or a year and a half. i think she is currently still @9 lbs. really hard to imagine her at 16! we're also planning on adopting another kitty who, believe it or not, was 27 lbs when she was surrendered, but is now down to @15. thank goodness. good luck with getting your Angel's weight down yourself. it just has to be a very slow process so you don't shock her system.

hope you post some pictures. we'd love to see another Angel!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, Tammy. I just joined myself and I too am needing to help my cat lose weight. When I got her about a month ago she weight 21 pounds. Today we went to the vet and she is down a pound. Luckily for me June doesn't care much about eating and is fine with her 250 calorie diet the vet put her own. (She has about 1/3 cup dry food in the morning when I get home from work and 1/3 cup dry food when I leave for work in the afternoon)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts