Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Stevie aka MaNiCuK.

i live in the Uk with my better half Sonia, we have three cats, all British Short Hairs.

Brother ( black with cinnamon tint) and his Sister (grey with lilac tint) AyCee & DeeCee are 7 years old this year.

We also have Izzy who is silver spotted. Izzy is only 2 years but loves to terrorise the other two, even though they are twice the size of her.

AyCee and DeeCee have an allergy, we spent a fortune when they were kittens trying to find out what causes it. We took them to bupa type hospital and the test cost £1800.00, they put a bank of 50 injections into the side of AyCee but he didn’t come up as allergic to anything.

I am on an endless hunt to find a cure for them and is why I am joining forums like this.

we currently have to give them Atopica once a week in the winter, and up to twice a week in the summer. I don’t know if it’s the ambient temperature which causes it to flare up or if it’s something a non uk plant is giving off in the summer.

The test covered all UK pollen types etc, this makes me think it could be something a non uk plant may release. That said it wouldn’t release it in the winter, thanks for reading and allowing me to join the forum.

Eye Cat Carnivore Felidae Window
Cat Window Felidae Carnivore Whiskers
Dog Dog breed Comfort Carnivore Felidae

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your black one(AyCee?) looks like a feral we were in the process of transitioning to house cat. They are all cute kitties.

We adopted from a shelter recently a 7 yr old cat, Bosco, who stays indoors and has with allergies, he has trouble with breathing...wheezes at times and we give him an inhaler puff once a day. We address the wheezing but as of yet have not pin pointed what causes it as he has this year round. Wish I could help more, but with allergies, it can be a difficult thing to find the cause.

·
Registered
Franny -- best cat ever! purring in my heart Porch cat THE DIVIT aka Divey seriously traumatized
50 Posts
To help things along -- and as I don't know Atopica -- here is the short spec on it.

Atopica for Cats is indicated for the control of feline allergic dermatitis as manifested by excoriations (including facial and neck), military dermatitis, eosinophilic plaques, and self-induced alopecia in cats at least 6 months of age and at least 3 lbs in body weight.

Are these then the symptoms?

This -- would have me rolling the giant worry bead into the middle of the living room where I would park the tv remote and a table lamp so I keep a worrying eye on things. I was thinking more like Rick75 was speaking of. A whiff and a puff and good to go. But this??? And since kitten?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts