Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across your site trying to find some information for my kittens... They were born yesterday and a friend of mine said she thinks all my kittens have fever coat... I had never heard about such a thing until today :( I was hoping to get some opinions and advice/information about this condition.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Absolutely cute kittens!! I know the fever coat question has been addressed here on the forum...look under 'fevercoat''(search)
on forum...

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've only seen one kitten with fever coat and 1 adult. Apparently it only happens to black cats and it can be something to do stress. I read that it's nothing dangerous. There are a few articles about it online.

I think it looks beautiful!

·
Registered
880 Posts
My understanding of a fever coat is a black cat that has some gray "varnish" on top that they grow out of. I've had a few fosters with fever coats:

Your guys look more white or gray. I wouldn't call that a fever coat. Maybe someone who knows more about colors can chime in though.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Their coats don't look like fever coat to me....as Venus said theres usually more black with a touch of grey.

The closest thing to your kittens I can think of is pointed cats, where they're born white or cream and develop color as they age.

I'd take pictures of them every day, it'll be really cool to see what happens as they age!

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Maybe a sever form of fever coat? I have never seen one in real life and there aren't that many pictures of them online. I was about to say it was not fever coat, but on closer inspection in the first picture there appears to be a mostly black kitten in the bottom of the picture... unless that's the mother?

Otherwise, they look something of a mystery to me. Please keep us updated!

Could they be the "salt and pepper" cats like mentioned here:
THE INDEFINABLE COLOURS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts